App Selection Websites - Reviews from EC-SEAT Scholars Part 5

Websites reviewed by: Meg Foehl, EC-SEAT scholar

The first site that I reviewed was the Autismspeaks App List. This site has a comprehensive list of apps work well for individuals with ASD. The website itself is very well organized, user friendly, and easy to navigate. I really liked that you are able to search by a variety of factors: what the app does, what device it can be used on, what age is it appropriate for, or keyword. I also liked that each app has a research rating to show whether or not there is evidence that supports that it.

The next app site that I reviewed was http://techinspecialed.com/. I like this site even though the site set-up is not my favorite. I wish that there was a drop down search, but I really like that you can look up apps by IEP goals/skills. I also like that most of the apps included are free. I wish, however, that there was a bigger selection of apps in each category.

momswithapps.com - This my favorite app site that I reviewed. It is well organized, easy to navigate, and includes a good variety of useful apps for the classroom. I really like how many options the site gives you to narrow your search. You can filter the apps by the device you are using, the age range, and the subject. You can even specify that it works without internet and has no in-app purchases, links to social networks, or advertising.


About Meg: Hi everyone! My name is Meg Foehl (pronounced fail) and I am a EC-SEAT scholar in the Early Childhood Special Needs masters program at UNH. I will graduate this spring..yay!!!! I also have a masters in elementary education. I currently teach preschool at a local early learning center and intern at the Oyster River PEP preschool program and at Community Partners in Early Supports and Services. I am interested in learning how best to use an iPad to help support young children (under the age of 5) with disabilities in the classroom.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low-Tech Ways for Adapting Books for Fine Motor

App Review: TouchChat HD

Assistive Technology vs. Instructional Technology - Three Questions with Dr. Therese Willkomm