Using Google Classroom: An Educator's Perspective

By: Danielle Vachon, EC-SEAT scholar and elementary school teacher

I recently went to a workshop on Google Classroom at my school in Gilford, NH. In this workshop we were introduced to Google Classroom and how it works. We were shown what it looks like from the teachers point of view and the learners point of view. Google Classroom helps teachers stayed organized by going paperless. Teachers can see which children completed work and which children are still in the process of finishing it. Google Classroom also helps communication in the classroom. Teachers can create assignments, activities, send announcements, and start class discussions instantly. 


I have started using Google Classroom this year and I love it (so do my learners). What is nice about a digital environment is the ability to differentiate. Google Classroom allows you to build a set of resources for a single assignment. This makes it possible to offer learners choices as to how they access the information or how the learner would like to address the assignment. 






Hi, my name is Danielle Vachon and I live in Plymouth, NH. I have worked with children my whole life. I started my journey of working with children at my grandma’s daycare. My love of children came from watching her work with them every day. I am continuing to earn my Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Special Education and Assistive Technology at UNH. The EC-SEAT Program interested me because it promoted learning, development, communication, and participation in young children in classroom settings. I am a 3rd grade teacher at Gilford Elementary School in Gilford, NH. I want to incorporate my knowledge of special education and assistive technology into my classroom to benefit each and every child. This has been a very positive experience and I am looking forward to completing the program!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Low-Tech Ways for Adapting Books for Fine Motor

App Review: TouchChat HD

Assistive Technology vs. Instructional Technology - Three Questions with Dr. Therese Willkomm